landlords house insurancebuy to let house insurancehome insurance landlord

Landlords House Insurance

Our online landlords house insurance quotation service for insuring a house or home in the UK where the tenant is not the property owner. We have several schemes quoting for your landlords house insurance needs.

Our house landlords insurance policies are available for a wide range of tenant. Not only do we offer quotations for professional lets but also cheap quotes for subsidised lets, property let to students, DSS referrals, or asylum seekers.

Information on types of tenant

Our landlord house insurance policy depends on the type of tenant that lives in your house or home.

  • Professional Let - the tenant pays the rent on the house or home direct to you as landlord.
  • Subsidised Let - the rental agreement is with the tenant in your house or home but part of the rent is paid by another person such as the DSS. This is not the same as
  • DSS Let: The rental agreement is between yourself as landlord and the DSS - who have the right to change the actual tenant as and when they please.
  • Student Let: The house or home is let to several students. The rate is higher as the tenants are young, know they will only live in the house for a very few years and probably don't have the same respect for the building as you do.
  • Bed-sits: Property let on short-term contracts - frequently to multiple tenants and maybe including cooking in rooms rather than shared facilities. This increased fire risk is reflected in the premium quoted
  • asylum seekers: This is a variation of a DSS let as the agreement cannot be between the landlord and the asylum seeker. These are amongst the most expensive policies
  • Holiday Homes: We differentiate whether the house is for just your own (and friends/ family) or is let out on a commercial basis. We can offer quotations for holiday houses both in the UK and abroad (France, Spain, Eire, Cyprus and Portugal) on our quote engine.

To obtain your landlord house insurance quote

end of section bar

Click for your quote for landlord insurance Maximum buildings sum insured 500,000
Maximum contents sum insured 50,000
Click here for higher sums insured

Unoccupied Property Insurance

We can also quote for unoccupied property insurance as well as residential let insurance. Immediate cover is available online for unoccupied property insurance.

end of section bar

About Us

B. Portwood & Co Ltd are brokers based in North-East England UK. We have Two offices in Bishop Auckland and Consett. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the arrangement and administration of non-investment insurence contracts.

If you have any queries please call us on 01388 607140 and we can discuss your needs

Compare landlord insurance (Cheap rates) | Landlord Insurance