Home Page > How to claim on your policy
How to make a claim on your travel insurance policy
Since we provide several different policies offering over 65 travel insurance, this is a generic rather than specific advice.
- Before you go, make sure that you enter the emergency claim number in your policy document into your phone/ computer and that everyone in your party have access to it. The number will be operational on a 24/7 basis.
- Make sure that you understand the claim procedures in your policy document - any queries and we're here to help.
- Most other claims can be sorted on return to the
UK - but we recommend
- If the incident involves injury, liability or loss of or damage to property, contact the local police and obtain a police report or, on a cruise, a 'ship's report'. Do this even if it is very unlikely that the property may ever be found again.
- Keep the receipts of all emergency purchases made.
- Make sure all correspondence has dates on it so that a paper trail can be followed to record the progress of your claim.
- Many insurance companies like receipts of purchases of any valuables you took abroad. Failure to have them may slow down the claim.
- There will be a contact number in the policy document of the claims- handling department/ outsource that you should contact. If you have lost the policy document then call us on 01207 509446 and we will provide you with the necessary information.
- Most claims are sorted out quickly and smoothly, however problems do arise. Please remember that we are your insurance broker and one of our obligations is to act as your agent and try and sort out problems, whether it is providing information or trying to persuade the underwriter to allow a claim that you feel is being unreasonably rejected.
Call: 01207 509446 during office hours for advice and assistance on making a claim.